Board of Directors
System Board Minutes - April 2010
Potter-Tioga Library System
Westfield Public Library
April 6, 2010
The Regular Quarterly Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Potter-Tioga Library System was called to order by President Jeff Wilkinson at 7 PM.
Present: Blossburg: Carol J. Tama
Coudersport: Krista Batterson
Elkland: LeAnn Meinstereifel
Galeton: Sue Williams
Genesee: Ruth Davis
Knoxville: Eugene Seelye
Mansfield: Danice Trindell
Oswayo Valley: Tim McMullen
Ulysses: Elery H. Walizer
Wellsboro: Lynn Coolidge
Westfield: Jeff Wilkinson
System Librarian: Laurie Shear
Guest: Ben Olney
After introductions, Minutes of the January 9, 2010, meeting were approved as presented upon motion by Elery Walizer, seconded by Ruth Davis.
Ben Olney presented information about the Twin Tiers Community Foundation and how it could serve libraries in the two counties as a vehicle for receiving (small or large) contributions from persons wishing to contribute tax deductible gifts to libraries or other interests in the two counties. Once a fund reaches $10,000 it can begin distributing funds. The Ulysses Library has currently established such a fund from a bequest it received.
Jeff Wilkinson reported that the Search committee for replacing the System Director had completed its work and recommended the hiring of Jody Cole effective May 15, 2010, at a salary of $40,000. Ruth Davis moved for approval, seconded by Lynne Coolidge and it carried.
- Circulation statistics for the 4th quarter were reviewed.
- 2010 Financial summaries to date were reviewed
- Five Annual Reports have been submitted so far and two Financial Reviews. Audits and Financial Reviews are due in Laurie’s office by July 1.
- The new AmLib automation system upgrade is being installed in Tioga County libraries now and later will begin in Potter County libraries.
- Laurie announced that Charlotte Bitler is no longer on the Elkland Public Library Board and therefore is no longer on the System Board. LeAnn Meinstereifel will take her place. Carol Tama moved, seconded by Lynne Coolidge, that the System Board place a book in her honor in the Elkland Library in recognition of her many years of service. The motion carried. As Charlotte was also Treasurer of the System Board, Elery Walizer moved, seconded by LeAnn Meinstereifel that Sue Williams assume her office for the remainder of the year.
News from member libraries was shared.
The next meeting will be at 7 PM, July 13, 2010 at the Knoxville Public Library.
Laurie Shear was presented a floral arrangement and card from the Board expressing its gratitude for her many years of service to the libraries in the two counties.
Refreshments were enjoyed by attendees.
Eugene A. Seelye