Board of Directors
System Board Minutes - January 2010
Potter-Tioga Library System
Green Free Library
January 9, 2010
The Regular Quarterly Meeting of the Board of Directors of the Potter-Tioga Library System was called to order by President Jeff Wilkinson at 10 AM.
Blossburg: Carol J.Tama
Coudersport: Krista Batterson
Galeton: Sue Williams
Genesee: Ruth Davis
Knoxville: Eugene Seelye
Mansfield: Mary Sirgey
Ulysses: Elery H. Walizer
Wellsboro: Lynn Coolidge
Westfield: Jeff Wilkinson
System Librarian: Laurie Shear
After introductions, Minutes of the October 13, 2009 meeting were approved as presented upon motion by Lynne Coolidge, seconded by Sue Williams.
Ben Olney was unable to attend the meeting, so his presentation about the Community Foundation for the Twin Tiers will be scheduled at a later date.
Carol Tama moved that all officers for 2010 be re-elected. Ruth Davis seconded the motion and it carried. They are: President Jeff Wilkinson; Vice President H. Elery Walizer; Secretary Eugene Seelye; Treasurer Charlotte Bitler.
Search Committee Report:
Sue Williams presented a job description for the position of System Librarian for Potter-Tioga Counties. It will include the starting date for the position as May 15, 2010 and all applications must be received by February 27, 2010 in the System office in Coudersport in hard copy or by email. Notice of the position will be posted in appropriate places by Sue Williams and Jane Metzger.
The Search Committee, composed of all System Board members and three system Librarians, will meet March 8, 2010 at 7 PM at the Galeton Public Library to review applications that will have been in the hands of committee members previous to that date along with a rubric to guide them. The Interview Committee will then be narrowed to interview candidates at dates to be determined.
- Circulation statistics for the 3rd quarter were reviewed.
- 2009 Financial summaries to date were reviewed
- 2010 State Aid for Potter County will be $93,893 and County Aid $45,000. For Tioga County State Aid will be $175,288 and County Aid $80,000.
- Audit and Financial Reviews for System libraries are due in Laurie’s office by July 1, 2010.
- The District Advisory Council composed of eleven counties, meets four times a year. Tioga county is expected to send a Librarian as its representative and will be the librarian from Blossburg. Potter County is to send a System Board member and interested members are to contact Laurie if you are willing to participate. The first meeting is March 27, 2010 between 10:30 AM and 2 PM in Williamsport.
News from member libraries was shared.
The next meeting will be at 7 PM, April 13, 2010 at the Westfield Public Library.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
Refreshments were enjoyed by attendees.
Eugene A. Seelye